Name Changes

If you wish to have your name changed on your registration due to marriage or divorce, you must first apply for a new title. A name change requires that you appear in person with your original certificate of title and supporting certified legal documents (i.e., certified copy of the marriage certificate, divorce decree, etc…). In the case of divorce, the divorce decree must give the year and make of the vehicle. If a vehicle is financed, only the security lien holder can change the name on the title.