1986 and Newer
- Previous Owner’s Title
- Georgia Drivers License reflecting correct address
- Georgia Insurance electronically submitted to DMV’s Website or a declaration page or 30-day binder if insurance on the vehicle is less than 30 days old.
- Other Supporting Documents indicating a name change, inheritance, liens, etc.
***Normally, a dealership or lien holder will apply for the title and send/give the receipt to the buyer. Bring this receipt, along with insurance information to us so that we can either issue a new plate or transfer an existing one.
1985 and Older
- Georgia Title if the seller provided one OR Bill of Sale, including VIN number, date of sale and signatures of both buyer and seller.
- Georgia Drivers License reflecting correct address.
- Georgia Insurance declarations page or 30-day binder for this vehicle or electronic submission of insurance if policy is more than 30 days old.
* Note: If transferring a tag refer to the “Transferring a Tag” section in the Registration menu.